New Sandpiper Home Sites
After many months of work and effort, we are finally beyond all legal and municipal requirements and are on track to commence home construction late 2020.
We have updated all available floor plans and have a small sales office adjacent to the Links Clubhouse until the first model home is completed.
We look forward to your interest in the new additions to the Sandpiper Community.
The Sandpiper Community is a 55 and older community located in Lakeland, Florida. The community consists of approximately 1,200 existing homes developed in the mid to late 1980’s.
Recent renovations to the existing golf course have created the opportunity for the addition of 40 new homes and home sites on or adjacent to the golf course within the existing community.
Within this website you will find a total of (10) proposed layouts which can be modified or upgraded to fit personal preferences. It is the intent for all of these new homes to be incorporated into the existing Property Owners Association (POA) giving all new residents access to all POA amenities including the clubhouse, pool, tennis, pickle ball, and exercise facilities.
In addition to the amenities the Sandpiper community provides, the golf course, golf clubhouse, restaurant, and bar, while separate from the POA, are open to all residents. Any purchase of a new home site and home qualifies each new resident to 50% off a first years single or couples golf membership (golf membership is not a requirement of home ownership and golf facilities are open to non-members).
Most home site dimensions are roughly 85’ x 65’ with a 5 foot side setback, a 20 foot front setback, and a 15 foot rear setback – the maximum would be 50’ x 50’ home size, however, we have held most overall home dimensions short of these maximums to provide greater space between homes. Rear screened porches and pools (without a hard roof structure) are allowable to 5 foot rear lot line upon POA approval.
- Once you select a lot by number you will be notified where you are on the waiting list in terms of others who may have selected the same lot prior to you. It is recommended you select 3 lots and you will be notified of your position for each, but you can only be first in line for one lot. If you are not first on the list for a particular lot, you may stay on the list for that lot and select others as your next choice. Once we get close to actual lot sales and deposits are requested, if someone decides to not proceed on a particular lot you move up the priority list accordingly. There is also a section for comments and input on home layout, number of bedrooms desired, finishes, etc. In the event your first lot preference is not available when your inquiry is submitted, you will be listed as 1st in line for 2nd or 3rd. Should a more preferred lot become available, you would be given first right of refusal for that lot.
- Home prices listed include cost of a base lot (see separate section for premium lot upgrade).
*NOTICE*The red numbers on the lot sheet represent the number of times a lot has been requested.
Homes will include the following:
1) Painted drywall with orange peel texture
2) 6 panel wood doors with painted trim
3) Painted wood floor base
4) Luxury vinyl plank flooring (foyer, kitchen, great room, common areas, & bathrooms)
5) Carpet in Bedrooms/ closets
6) Drywall window returns and sills
7) Dishwasher, vented microwave, and range
8) Choice of kitchen and bath cabinet finish with plastic laminate tops
9) $1,500.00 light fixture allowance
1) Concrete block exterior walls with a stucco finish
2) Insulated glass windows
3) Garage door with automatic opener
4) 30 year architectural roof singles
5) Concrete driveway
6) Fully irrigated lawn with St. Augustine sod and a $ 1,000.00 landscaping allowance
1) Flooring upgrades
2) Cabinet upgrades
3) Corian counter tops
4) Granite counter tops
5) Wood trim upgrades
6) Plumbing fixture upgrades
7) Brick paver drives
8) Appliance upgrades
9) Washer and dryer
10) Decorative exterior columns
11) Exterior stone / stacked stone facings
12) Decorative stucco bands
13) Miscellaneous siding & trim
14) Ceramic tile
15) ADA Tub / Shower
18) Other options TBD by buyer preferences and comments